Monday, December 7, 2009

Tis the Season for Blood Curdling Screams

This is not the picture we had envisioned (obviously - or I would have made better wardrobe choices for myself) when we took K to see Santa.

Why are Jon and I in the picture? Shrieks of terror, loud enough to make us all jump, from the boy just ahead of Katie in the Santa line made her more than a little cautious. See the fear in her eyes in this pic below? K kept saying "Hold you, Mawhner." She just knew Jon or I would betray her and force her to sit with Santa. However, neither of us had the heart to wrench her from our arms and force her to sit in S. C.'s lap. So we have a family portrait. It'll be a fun story to share with K one day.

Memaw T gave me red and white polka dot material. I sewed it into the bubble skirt K is modeling. My Memaw Hazel would make me and my girl cousins Christmas skirts each year to wear in our Santa pictures. I'm keeping the tradition alive.

Back of the bubble.

1 comment:

  1. Carrie! Thanks again for sending me a picture of your daughter in the bubble skirt you made...she is adorable!!! She reminds me of my little girl...who also was freaked out by Santa this year! Thanks again for stopping by my blog and Happy Holidays!!

    Lynette
    getyourcrafton.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete