Monday, August 31, 2009

Last weekend Jon rode 100 miles at the HHH in Wichita Falls. He finished it with a 20.5 mile per hour pace. The next morning he jogged 5 1/2 miles pushing a jog stroller. I'm impressed!

With Jon out of town, Katie and I spent time with Meme and Papa and the relatives in that neck of the woods. I tried and tried to get a good picture of Katie and Bryce (Katie's second cousin or cousin once removed - I get confused.) They were like repelling ends of magnets. Here is the best I got. Makes you appreciate photographers of the young.
Could be a rival for Katie's claim to fame as the cutest baby in the world!

Papa was able to convince Katie to try the swing in his backyard. She loves it now. "Wee, wee!" is her name for the swing. All fear cast aside, she was ready to explore the entire playground near our house this morning. She even went down the slide by herself! I intended to go with her, but she was too fast for me to catch. Abbey went down the slide and ate two packets of horseradish she found in the mulch!

No comments:

Post a Comment