Thursday, August 20, 2009

Surprise!

In a storm a few months ago, part of my tomato plant blew over. It then grew very wild and large. So wild and large, that neither I nor the scavenging blackbirds could see the tomatoes ready for harvest. I picked these today. There were four more that had become overripe and had to be tossed. Abbey ate two of them before I intervened. And Katie managed to taste test a handful of dirt while I waded through shoulder high okra plants to get to the toms.

Imagine my surprise when I pulled this Upside-Down Deep Dish Pizza from the oven last night. Something went wrong with my sealing technique! Then imagine Jon's surprise when he realizes he grabbed the dish containing four servings of leftovers for his lunch today instead of the single portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment